Wednesday, August 23, 2006

C.I.C.L.E. :: » Steal This Bike

 When my bike got stolen in broad daylight on a busy street, chained to a shopping cart rack, with a lock that was approved by every insurance company in Sweden I couldn't, at first, figure out how they did it without raising any attention.

Thinking about it later on I guessed that the people that steals bike doesn't care if they get attention at all. Putting myself in the situation that walking down the street I see a guy or girl hacking away on a locked bicycle, I asked myself what should I do? My gut feeling is that I would have asked  the person what he or she was doing. And probably, the thief,  cool as Fonzie, would have replied "my keys fell down the drain, so...". And after that reply what can you do??

The one thing I came up with was to tell the person (thief or not) that I'm going to report it to the police leaving my name and number so that if anyone reports the bicycle stolen they can get back to me for a description of the thief. To spice things up a bit you might also get an opportunity to use that otherwise useless camera in your mobile phone and take a picture of the thief.

If you want to see the normal reaction of people passing by this kind of situations I suggest you read this article over at C.I.C.L.E. and watch the movie.  

What would you have done?

Link to C.I.C.L.E. :: » Steal This Bike

« Home | Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home