Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tuesday Hill Intervals

Tuesdays climbing was good. We tried a new section this evening, which is located in a more picturesque location, to match the evenings beautiful weather, sun and 20 degrees Celsius. Good hills with less recovery between the efforts. One steep short hill and and a long more moderate climb and 7 loops through them took the breath out of me.

Need some advice from fellow cyclist. When you have an evening training do you eat a regular supper before or after the event? I have been eating before but i sometimes feel a bit nauseous in the beginning of the ride specially on the Tuesday intervals. The training starts at 18:15 and i ride from home at 17:45 after having dinner around 17:00. Should i eat a bit earlier or wait until afterwards? And are there some foods i should stay away from? Today i usually eat pasta or fish on training days.

Stats:
Distance: 44 km
Time: 1:43
Avg speed: 25.3 km/h
Top speed: 48.8 km/h

« Home | Next »

3 Comments:

Blogger Jank said...

I like to do a small snack (powerbar, or small peanut butter sandwich) before, with a small dinner after.

If the supper before is working for you, stay with it, but you might want to add something after to aid recovery.

2:44 pm  
Blogger Sascha said...

I ride the same time you do in the evenings it looks like.

If I'm actually doing a training ride or know I'll be packing in over 35 miles, I will eat something 2-3 hours before in the late afternoon, usually oatmeal or a pb&j. And then I'll suck down a gu right before the ride and take another along as backup.

And then I come home and chow down because I'm *starving*!

3:23 pm  
Blogger Johan Mörén said...

Thaks all! Wrote a post about the subject here.

10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home