Thursday, March 31, 2005

Bicycle Paintings, by Taliah Lempert

Bicyclepaintings.com - Bicycle Paintings, by Taliah Lempert



This post over at Velorution lead me to Taliah Lemperts site www.bicyclepaintings.com.

Check out here gallery for more beautiful pictures of beautiful vehicles. Next time I'm shopping for art i know where I'm going!

Taliah's statement
I work from observation not photographs.
A photo captures an instant.
I spend many hours on each picture.
My brush strokes record that time.

I paint pictures of bicycles
to document, explain and express my community and myself.
The bikes belong to people who ride them.
They are worn and customized in unique ways,
being at once a specific bike
and a collective symbol of empowerment.

« Home | Next »

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artist's written statements often leave much more than desired. I'll make a point to try to look at her studio next time I'm in NYC and get back to you on them, because my god, those are fine looking paintings and prints on her site.

I'm curious on how flat they appear and on her paint. (Though, I'm generally partial to prints because I am poor and have small walls.)

Thanks for the link.

5:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home