Thursday, December 02, 2004

"The Bicycle Cleaning Thing"



The Chain Keeper Posted by Hello

A couple of months ago I read a great article in the Swedish cycling magazine Kadens about bicycle cleaning. The author used a very smart tool when cleaning the bike.

The tool keeps your chain in place when taking the rear wheel off. This makes it easier to clean the chain and the cassette separately without having your chain dangling all over the place . Taking the rear wheel off without this baby usually results in grease all over the lower parts of your frame.

After reading the article I went out to my local dealers wanting to buy one. Dong! No one had ever heard about this tool although they understood it's value. I emailed the editor of Kadens and asked if he could ask the author of the article where he got hold of the thing. A couple of weeks later I got the reply that it was custom made by the author and he sent me some suggestions on how I could make one myself.

I put this project up on the ever growing list of things to do and hoped that someone would capitalize on the idea before I got time to do it myself.

Three weeks ago Kadens published an memo stating that "The Bicycle Cleaning Thing" had been found. The company Pedros sells this thing under the name "The Chain Keeper" and it's available in Sweden through www.cyclecomponents.com.

I got one ordered now and hopefully i'll get it sometime next week.


« Home | Next »